Monday, July 29, 2013

Summertime

This summer has been a lot of fun. One of the great things about living in California (besides the weather) is that it is a typical vacation spot for most people! That means friends and family stopping by. We love having people come and visit. John's sister Molly and her hubby Jacob and their adorable baby Jackson came a couple of weeks ago. They stayed for almost a whole week. It was so much fun. One night we went down to Venice to watch the sunset and explore the shops.
I took them to the popular hiking trails at Runyon Park. There weren't any celebrity sitings but everyone loved seeing a baby on the trails. Here is a picture of the Dixon family with Los Angeles in the background.
On Saturday we took them to Paradise Cove. That is a beautiful beach and where John proposed to me. We just love it there for so many reasons:)



Is that baby not the cutest:) Being an Aunt is so much fun! Can't wait for Amber to have me another nephew:) John looks pretty cute holding a baby too don't you think?
This is a picture of us outside the Walt Disney Concert Hall. It is such a cool looking building, We went to a symphony concert. It was a cool building on the inside as well. There was a cool looking organ and the seats went around the entire stage.
One of my best friends Erin and my favorite little girls were in town the following week. They were staying right on the beach in Newport. I went down to spend the afternoon with them. Erin started a game where we would write math problems in the sand for Issy. She had to solve them before the water came and washed it away. I love this picture of her concentrating!

Cute Ellie would write letters and numbers in the sand. When did they grow up?

Erin's mom watched the girls so Erin and I could go get some lunch and catch up. I just love this girl! We have been besties since the 8th grade!
The fun is going to just keep on going. We are heading up to Utah this weekend for my brother-in-laws wedding followed by a visit from my sister-in-law and family!





1 comment:

  1. I love that picture of you and Jackson! So cute!
    Thanks again for letting us come! Such a fun vacation!

    ReplyDelete