Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Howdy from Dallas!

        I'm sure most of you now know that we moved to Texas! We knew we were not always going to live in Los Angeles. We loved living in Los Angeles. The weather was the best! There was always something to do and places to explore.  We had planned on living in LA for another year or two.  Turns out it was time to leave sooner rather then later.  John and I have had a list of cities that we thought it would be fun to live in.  We ended up with jobs in Dallas.  So before we knew it we were packing up our first apartment. It was kind of hard to do.  We loved our first place. We were excited about the prospect of more space in Texas though. We made a stop in AZ on our way to Dallas. My cousin and I (mostly my cousin) threw Amber a baby shower while we were there.  It was so fun to be able to be there for that. I am so excited to be an Aunt.... again.  After spending some time with the family we drove the next 2 days to Texas.  Amber joined us in our drive. Thank goodness!! Poor John had to drive by himself, but I had great company.  We had loaded our cars to the max so loading and unloading them a few times was a treat. I love that the help I brought was 29 weeks pregnant and not allowed to help:)

        Texas is so much better than I imagined. I didn't know what to expect.  I imagined horrible heat and humidity.  Now I realize we came at the end of summer but its not nearly as humid as I imagined.  It is so green. Gas is cheaper, traffic is nothing compared to LA, housing is cheaper and the people are so friendly.  We have been busy enjoying finger licking BBQ and college football. We stayed a week at an extended stay hotel while looking for a place to live. We ended up finding an area where there were a couple apartment complexes on man made lakes.  We lucked out and seriously got the best view. Its a third floor apartment (to keep us fit). This is the view we get to enjoy.
          Our last Saturday in LA we went to the beach.  It only made perfect sense.  We have spent a lot of time at the beach over the last 2 years.  We met at the beach.  We had gone with the same group of friends to play volleyball. I remember walking along the boardwalk with some friends and John was waiting by this very light pole for us.
I was excited about meeting this new guy.  We actually met 2 years ago this month. What an amazing 2 years.  When we were dating and I lived in Westwood (just 4 miles from the beach) we would go to Santa Monica all the time.  There were so many evenings that we would be find ourselves at the beach.  Love the beach at night. Love the ocean breeze! There were bike rides, hikes, frisbee, sand angels and so many of my favorite memories. So anyways our last Saturday we picked up some donuts and spent a couple hours soaking it all in.  We talked about all of our fun memories and what we were looking forward to in Texas.
      I have been jumping all over the place in this post!! Sorry!  John is enjoying his job very much. He loves his short commute  and working more manageable hours.  I am in a travel contract at Children's Medical Center in Dallas. Hopefully I will be able to turn it into a permanent position.  We feel so blessed with the opportunities we have had and look forward to a bright future. If ya'll are ever in Texas we have an extra room!


1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog. Glad you guys are enjoying Texas. I didn't understand what people meant by horrible traffic till I visited LA and it was there ALL THE TIME! Dallas is awesome and is one of if not the top place for restaurants.

    ReplyDelete