Thursday, March 31, 2011

Top 5 Favorite Things About Denver (so far...in no particular order)

1. Living by myself. To be honest I was scared to live by myself. Everyone knows I am a little bit paranoid. But thanks to my double dead bolt front door, 3rd floor apartment, and pepper spray, no worries here. If its a mess...its all mine, sing in the shower?..don't mind if I do, dance awkwardly to myself...LOVE IT!!! Cookie dough in the fridge at all times and no one to complain about it??? Ok I need someone to complain about before I gain 20 pounds:)
2. Weather! I mean its not Arizona and 80 degrees, but its not Utah stuck in the 40's either. Sunny skies everyday, 60's and some amazing spring days that hit 70:)
3. Sand Creek ward.... so much fun. I went to institute my first week here and instantly had a moving crew to help me the next day. Since then its been volleyball twice a week. We rock out to music and play til we are exhausted at midnight. I have enjoyed game nights, institute, bowling and more. I thought I was gonna be alone with my Netflix and cookiedough everynight...Nope I have met some awesome people here! Gonna make it hard to leave.
4. Qdoba burritos. I didn't even know I liked burritos:)
5. Work:) So I heard some horror stories about people not like travel nurses. We take thier hours, get paid more ect. I could not have come to a more welcoming staff. I'll admit I was a little concerned when the first thing my manager said to me was "I hate tall people." But they have welcomed me with open arms and made me feel at home.

3 comments:

  1. How fun! I always wanted to be a travel nurse but ended up going the other route. I also think it is awesome that you are blogging about your adventures. I hope you love your new job and new place :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lost 12 lbs since you left. Careful with that cookie dough. Just kidding I lost most of it while you were here.
    I am so glad you are loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where was all the cookie dough when we lived together??? You were holding out on me :)

    ReplyDelete