Sunday, October 30, 2011

Dreams Do Come True:)

     Alright guys.... prepare to be very jealous....So first off it has warmed up here again so the beach is still awesome!! On Friday my friend Dallin and I decided to go surfing. I worked the night before and had a busy day planned but decided play was going to win over sleep. So we got to the beach. Dallin went out to surf for a bit while I caught some rays. I feel bad when we go because he just ends up coaching me and doesn't really get to surf. So anyways he comes back and says did you see the dolphins? What? No. You mean I missed that? I was kinda bummed. So then we went out together. It was not the best day as far as the waves went. They were either too small, or so big they took me out just trying to get out past them. So we floated around alot. The dolphins ended up surfacing nearby. I was so excited. He was like "do you want to swim out to them?" That was like asking "Do you want a big bowl of ice cream with a large mound of cookie dough, some brownies and caramel on top?" (An awesome combination by the way!) So we swam out towards them. They surfaced a little ways away and then it was just floating out there waiting for them to resurface. I was so excited!! And nervous!! Sure enough they surfaced about 6 feet from us... well Dallin says they were 10 feet from us... we comprimised on 8 feet. It was awesome. I am pretty sure I was like squealing like a little girl. All the manly surfers were probably laughing at me but I didn't care. I have been talking about swimming with dolphins for as long as I can remember. This way I didn't pay $100 bucks to do it. Anyways surfing was a blast. I actually did pretty good this time. I stood and rode some of the waves out. Still not as great as my first time in Hawaii but I am making progress:)
     Saturday ended up being an awesome day as well. We got a group together to play beach volleyball. It had been a long time since we played. It was sunny and warm. Then we tried out a new place for lunch.
   It was an awesome weekend all around. I went to two Halloween parties and today at church we met with a couple other wards and discussed goal setting. It was awesome! I got to set some new goals and gain some insight on achieving them. Sometimes we get discouraged when we don't meet our goals. If we look back though, oft times we have made progress, and that goes a long way. I am excited to do some self improvement. Hope you guys had an awesome weekend as well!!!

1 comment:

  1. my neighbor makes brownies with cookie dough in them ... they are super delish and I totally forgot how much you love cookie dough, so you should make some up! Also, how awesome to swim with dolphins and for free ... L-U-C-K-Y!

    ReplyDelete