Friday, April 4, 2014

Recent Happenings

       Just taking a break from my super fun chemistry homework and wanting to do some blogging.  I have 6 months of school left until I will have my Bachelors.  That is if I don't let procrastination get the best of me.  For anyone thinking about going into nursing its time to go straight through to get your Bachelors.  It used to not really matter but my latest job search proved that its becoming a requirement.  Speaking of nursing I started a new job in January! I have been working in pediatrics for the last 5 years.  Wait that can't be right.... There is no way it has been that long.... I'm still 23 right? I don't really want to talk about what birthday is coming up.  Anyways, I have loved working in pediatrics.  I have always either been a traveler or in the float pool.  The variety has been fun and kept me on my toes.  I decided I didn't want to float anymore.  I was ready for a home unit.  Problem was, I could not pick a specialty.  I tried to narrow it down and choose a place I thought I would enjoy.  I couldn't do it.  I got to thinking about NICU.  I always enjoyed floating to the NICU.  I couldn't see myself doing that full time though.  While I was in nursing school I had my mind set on being a labor and delivery nurse.  However, after clinicals it didn't feel like the right place for me.  I have always had a love for babies and an interest for the whole birthing experience.  I could watch A Birth Story all day long.  I started applying for mom/baby, nursery, and postpartum (taking care of mom after birth) positions.  I accepted a position at Texas Health Dallas on the postpartum unit.  I was kind of nervous about switching to adults.  It has been such a good situation.  I love the staff and the patient population.  It is so refreshing to take care of hospitalized patients that for the most part planned to be there, and are happy to be there.  It's fun helping these new moms feel better and assist them into adjusting to their new life with a newborn.  The unit will be switching to mom/baby in the next year which will mean both the mom and the baby will be my patients.  So basically it has been an awesome and exciting change. 
     Next week it will have been two years since this handsome man proposed !!!




I am one lucky girl.  We love living our adventure together.  It is starting to warm up here so we are taking advantage and spending our evenings playing tennis or riding our bikes. We are excited for summer! Time to do some more exploring!!
      A couple weeks ago we went to AZ for a wedding.  Jessica and Ty were able to come from Maryland.  It was the first time our whole family has been together since their wedding Dec 2012!! We had such a blast.  I got to spend lots of time playing with and cuddling my adorable nephew Kempton.  We ate good food and enjoyed the AZ sun!  I love seeing our family expand!



 
 
 
So grateful for this amazing forever family! 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment